Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Steampunk Postcolonialist at Nova Albion

Heads-up, faithful readers! Uh, if you're still reading that is. Silver Goggles has been neglected in favour of grad school and until term papers are done and dealt with, there's not a whole lot I can do about that. I'll post my final MRP proposal if that'll make you happy, though. I also have some thoughts about steampunk and Judith Halberstam's notion of queer time. 

Anyway, this is a general announcement that I will be at the Nova Albion Steampunk Exhibition this weekend. My schedule is as follows:

Saturday:, 1pm - 2.20pm - Steam Around the World (presentation with Ay-Leen the Peacemaker of Beyond Vctoriana)
Sunday, 11.10am - 12.20pm: Steampunk as a Philosophical Arena (panel with Liz Gorinsky and Francesca Myman)

I plan on attending Vernian Process' concert on Friday night, so I'll either be napping on Friday afternoon or sleeping in on Saturday morning. Ay-Leen and I arrive at the hotel late Thursday night (I'll be running straight from class to home for my airport shuttle), and leaving Monday evening. So, if you see a chick dressed like this or this, the likelihood that it's me is pretty high, so feel free to say hello. If you do not find me on my lonesome, I'm more or less likely hanging around James Ng, Airship Ambassador Kevin Steil, or Ay-Leen. This does not foreclose the opportunity to say hi, though. You may also want to bring cash, because Ay-Leen might well rope me into selling these awesome buttons to fundraise for Shelterbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment